Friday, May 13, 2016

Still Life With Howard Zinn and The White Album.



Having referenced a quote from former Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara regarding the Gulf of Tonkin Incident in Zinn's People's History in class on Wednesday, held a mock student draft using the 1969 lottery numbers yesterday, and opened class today with While My Guitar Gently Weeps, my students and I continue to enjoy meaningful and relevant academic experiences. 

This is the beautiful time of year that I commonly refer to as "Life After Assessments."

Don't get me wrong, there's a test on the war in Vietnam a week from Tuesday, but it speaks directly to my student's experience, is administered within the context of our study of the topic, contains no questions seemingly designed to be purposefully obtuse, and comes with guaranteed thoughtful feedback from the instructor (that's me) by Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment